'Making art and creating was from an early age the primary way of expressing my sentiments and experiences.'
My father, who taught me to weld as a child, shared stories of my grandfather's work in the silver mines of Zacatecas, Mexico; fuelling my passion for working with metal. Today I work primarily with pure iron and 22ct. gold, with interest in the disparity between their values; one has a connection with opulence, the other with industry. Each piece is hand forged and incorporates traditional and experimental techniques. My work process is intuitive exploring sculptural forms to create wearable ornaments.
- Featured work and publications
- Original ring and bracelet featured on the HBO series 'Game of Thrones', worn by the character Daenery Targaryen played by Emilia Clarke
- Decorative skull featured on the television series 'Da Vinci Demons'
- 'Makers Magic' How to Develop Your Voice in Designing Art Jewelery
- by Connie Fox 2014
- Holts Academy of Jewellery: 'Special Award for Innovation' 2009
My studio is based in London and Forge in the Sussex countryside. Individual studio visits outside exhibitions are welcome. if you would like further info or images please contact me.